Saturday 16 October 2010

Polygons vs Textures

I have put my previous idea to one side, and instead have taken up a different project. I am solely going to model and texture, possibly through a time lapse. For example, a weathered rock or a stained/discoloured wall. they would be examples of where textures are in best use.

But sometimes, textures just don't do the job, and I am going to find examples of this, and model them as proof. One I have in mind is aglets, the small piece of plastic or metal you will find on the end of a shoelace. Aglets on a brand new pair of shoes will be clean and tidy. After a while, the lace may start to come out the top of the aglet and sits on top if it, with the lace being dirty. I will try to fin d more examples of this and model them.

No comments:

Post a Comment