Sunday 5 December 2010

Globe





















This is the globe I will likely be using in my final piece. I modelled it after the globe here. My texture of Earth though, not a representation of Earth, which is how Globes tend to usually be. nevertheless, it still works fine.














This is the same model, but with less polygons, and it is pretty much exactly the same as before. Therefore, I am saving myself polygons and rendering time, but still getting the same effect.









I chose to texture the base with wood, rather than plastic. I chose two textures that were suitable, and I think I could use them both. When I begin to age my objects, I can simply switch the texture from the one on the right, to the one on the left, to show it's aged/gotten dirty and dusty.
However, I am yet to use the UV Texture Editor to scale these textures to how I want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment