Sunday 5 December 2010

Table Model





This is the table I didn't texture. I wanted to see how detailed I could make it without using a texture and just by modelling. The modelling is noticeable. I used an image for reference, and modelled based off of that. though I now notice I have missed certain parts, such as the bolts in the legs and on the top of the table. I did however manage to get the detail on top, where it looks like it is separating with the lines towards the outside.











Here is a close up of the top. you can see more of the detail, and some more on the side also. I had only given the model a colour, still no texture. Although it looks very basic and too clean.








I re-modelled the table, but it was very simple. The top of the table itself only has 6 sides. I had to extrude the main body of the table also, otherwise it would have looked very flat.
I applied a bump map too, by opening the image in Photoshop and making it a grayscale image.







I found a new texture on www.cgtextures.com and applied it to the table. Again, I added a bump map to it, so it isn't so flat, and makes it look more 3D and believable. I believe it is an improvement on the last render.





No comments:

Post a Comment